Day 12: Head to Knee / Janu Sirsasana
Woooo oooo ahhhh ahhh! You made it through week 2 of this wild challenge! This fold is your first version of “splits” with a little bit of jazz! How did you like the flow for this week’s poses?
- Sit comfortably on the floor or a folded blanket with both legs pointed out in front of your hips. Bend one leg out and place the foot either in toward the groin or back behind the butt like the above jazz split variation. Take a moment to pull your butt cheeks out from underneath your sit bones.
- Starting with a deep inhalation to elongate your torso through the top of your head, face your front foot and begin to fold toward your leg. center your trunk with the leg our in front of you and think of your belly pressing toward your thigh before rolling up your chest and eventually your head.
- For tight hamstrings and groin, wrap a strap or belt around the front foot and stay seated in an upright position. Use your arms to pull your toes toward your body and lightly press the belly button forward where you are.
Daily IG poses and wild Periscope variations for those looking to get their splits Full online course available at gum.co/monkeysplits
@Will2Wow_Jewelry @42Yogis @BeStrawesome @PeerlessCharmAccessories
Silverback Spotlights Announced Daily
#InYourPalm 80% of funds raised on BoxEdge.org/monkeysplitsgonebananas will be donated to InYourPalm.org to support saving the orangutans!
Full Monkey Splits Course
– Includes all items from the free challenge +
– Warm up flow
– 15+ video tutorials on poses that increase leg strength and flexibility
– 3 flows sheets to follow
– 31 Day course calendar
– Fun banana recipes
– Monkey mind meditations