Day 17: Reclining Hero / Supta Virasana
This week’s challenge on Periscope was Monkey See, Monkey Do! Did you invite a friend to recline in a hero like way with you today?
- Sit on your knees with your sit bones on the floor between your feet and your calfs hugging the sides of your thighs. Your knees jetting out directly in front of your hip sockets and not splaying open. Determine if you need to add blankets as cushion for any areas that are uncomfortable here. You may add rolled up blankets under your hamstrings abover your ankles or also under your feet/ankles.
- On an exhale, reach your arms behind you and begin to press your shoulders back relieving some of the pressure from your sit bones. To increase the quad and hip flex or stretch, lower down to your elbows keeping your neck neutral and gazing down at your knees to ensure they are not rolling outward. For an intense hip & quad stretch, tilt your tail bone under as you lower to your back.
- Though your lower back will always have a slight curve, this pose is not a back bending position. Instead, compare it to that of a upward facing table with no legs! Your core should be tight keeping your ribs in and opening the chest as you enlongate your torso from the front and back. Attempting to smooth out the crease in your hips to make a flat line with the tops of your quads and belly.
Daily IG poses and wild Periscope variations for those looking to get their splits Full online course available at gum.co/monkeysplits
@Will2Wow_Jewelry @42Yogis @BeStrawesome @PeerlessCharmAccessories
Silverback Spotlights Announced Daily
#InYourPalm 80% of funds raised on BoxEdge.org/monkeysplitsgonebananas will be donated to InYourPalm.org to support saving the orangutans!
Full Monkey Splits Course
– Includes all items from the free challenge +
– Warm up flow
– 15+ video tutorials on poses that increase leg strength and flexibility
– 3 flows sheets to follow
– 31 Day course calendar
– Fun banana recipes
– Monkey mind meditations